Still paying full price for your rides? With the Freebird app full-priced fares is a thing of the past. Grab up to $10+ in cashback on Uber and Lyft rides below.
The Freebird app is one of the best up-and-coming apps for Uber and Lyft riders in the gig economy.
This app is catching the attention of many new and existing users within the rideshare community.
Because it’s so simple to set up and use.
And… Why not? Right?!
HOW: Use the Freebird rides app to get cash for taking Uber or Lyft rides. These 3 steps below are simple and easy to set up and you’ll save on every ride you take even after the promotion.
WHY: This is the only way to get a discount code for existing users. Uber and Lyft do not have existing user promo codes you can enter directly into their apps.
Note: This works for new or existing Lyft and Uber users. Even if you have used a Lyft or Uber promo code in the past.
1. Choose a promotion & copy the code
$5 cashback per ride for the first two rides
- Download the Freebird app (free at the app store & play store)
- Sign up and link your Uber or Lyft Account to the app
- Go to ☰ the menu (top left) then “Promo Codes” to redeem
- Paste/enter the promo code you got from the list above
3. Request your Uber or Lyft rides in the Freebird app
- Enter your destination in the top search box
- Request your ride & get picked up in just a few minutes
HOW IT WORKS: After each ride, you’ll see the cashback in your Freebird account. The cash back can be easily deposited onto your debit card. You will pay for your ride with the default payment method you have for Lyft or Uber. Keep using the Freebird rides app after the initial promotional rides to get rewards points that you can convert into more cash deposits. All Freebird promo codes only work for new Freebird users that have not claimed previous Freebird promotions.
BONUS: Freebird will send you a $5 bonus promo code: ROLL10 after your 10th ride.
Get some of your hard-earned cash back every time you take a ride!
By entering the Freebird promo code you may lock in a discount on a few Uber and Lyft rides.
The best part?
Even after the initial discount, you’ll still earn points to get rewards and cash back on every single ride you take!
This isn’t credit or points you can spend on a gift card, this is a REAL cash back bonus you get back on your debit card from the Freebird app.
Users for Uber and Lyft: $10+ cash back for taking Uber or Lyft rides with the Freebird app.
Ready to get started?
NOTE: We will not waste your time here. We promise this works 100% and you’ll be so happy you found this guide.
How Does the Freebird App Work?
Freebird acts as your rideshare companion app.
If you’re going to be taking Uber or Lyft rides, it works with those rideshare apps to offer even more options including to earn points, get cash back and take advantage of other promotions.
Instead of requesting your rides in the Uber and Lyft apps you’ll do so in the Freebird rides app.
Freebird will contact a driver for you and get a ride.
You’re still charged through your Uber or Lyft account.
How Do Reward Points Work?
It’s really simple and easy to earn points, stack them up and cash out.
By requesting your ride in the Freebird app instead of the Uber and Lyft apps you’ll get cash back rewards.
You can get reward points that convert into real cash each time you reach $10 or 5,000 points.
Points add up fast with various promotions that Freebird emails on a regular basis, which offer bonus points, extra cash back rewards, etc..
The entire premise behind Freebird is to save you money on every rideshare you take.
Offers at Local Businesses
Do you fancy going out for a happy hour at your local drinking hole?
Freebird has you covered!
With nearby cash-back offers you can visit a local business and get a cash-back reward with bonus points from the Freebird rides app.
How does that work?
All you need to do is take a ride to that location and pay for your bill with the debit card you have on file with Freebird.
They will then add your cash-back to your Freebird account.
From there you can transfer your cash to your debit card.
There is no required minimum for the amount you must spend. 
We (and Freebird) encourage generosity since the establishment is essentially paying for your ride, but it’s all up to you!
Sponsored Brand Deals
Freebird has special deals set up with specific brands to help you save even more on your ride home!
Liquor brands such as Don Julio, Tanqueray, and Ciroc are some featured offers, among others who typically offer extra cash back bonus points in an effort to curb drunk driving and promote getting a safe ride home.
Currently, Don Julio is sponsoring an extra 500 points when you take a ride home.
Wow. 500 points just to take a safe ride home?
It’s definitely worth your while.
You can take a peek at these deals to earn points each time you open up the app.
And the best part?
You can combine those 500 points from Don Julio (or any sponsored brand) with other reward points from local businesses.
These Freebird app offers to earn cash/reward points and save money can seriously add up quickly!
How Does the Freebird Promo Code Work?
Freebird app coupons work for existing Uber and Lyft users.
Once you enter a Freebird invite code and promo code you can maximize your discount.
Step 1 of 2: Use These Freebird Codes for Up to $10 Cash
We’ll walk you through how to set up the Freebird rides app and enter the codes below to start to earn cash rewards.
How to Set Up the Freebird Rides App
- Download and install the Freebird rides app for Apple phones (App Store) or Android phones (Play Store) for Samsung, Google, LG, & Huawei, etc.
- Open the Freebird app to start the signup process
- Tap the “Enable Location” button (for local cash-back offers)
- Now, tap the “Let’s Ride with Lyft/Uber” button to link your Uber/Lyft account
- Next, log into your Lyft/Uber account
- Now tap the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Then tap “Promo Codes” from the menu
- Grab a promotion & enter the code
- $10 promo code: GEM ($5 per ride for the first 2 rides, total: $10)
- IMPORTANT: Take your first ride by requesting a Lyft/Uber in the Freebird rides app within 14 days so the deal does not expire. Honestly, this step is the one that everyone messes up. Don’t wait around and end up forgetting. Take your ride right now and lock in that savings.
- Bonus Cash: At this point, you’ll have set up the app with up to $10 in cash back. For additional savings you’ll need to follow the “Checklist: Get $10+ in Cash Rewards” which is just a short scroll down this page.
Promotional codes only last for so long, especially for rideshare services.
To keep getting discounts, take advantage of the referral programs at your disposal.
Share the love of the regular Uber and Lyft referral programs as well as Freebird’s.
Keep the cash back comin’!
How to Confirm the Freebird Promo Code Worked
Does the promo code work? Let’s confirm the promo is applied to your account with the steps below.
- Tap the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Select “Promo Codes” from the menu
- Now you may see the promotion is applied
How to Request a Lyft/Uber ride in the Freebird Rides App
- Open the Freebird rides app
- Tap the search field at the top
- Enter your destination address/name
- Select the address/name of the destination from the list
- Select the “Request Lyft/Uber” button at the bottom and the Lyft/Uber app will open
- The Lyft/Uber app will ask you to confirm your pick up location
- Tap the “Confirm Pickup” button at the bottom
You must use the Freebird rides app to request rides to earn cash back. 
You will not earn cash back if you use Uber or Lyft through their apps directly.
They make it easy & seamless.
How to Get Your Cash Back in Your Bank Account
After you take your first ride you should be able to see the cash back in your Freebird account (the same goes for every time you take an Uber or Lyft ride).
NOTE: If you don’t see the cash back in your Freebird account right away you may need to wait up to 24 hours for it to show up.
- Tap the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Select “Balance and Transfers” from the menu
- Make sure you are on the “Cash” tab at the top
- Now you may see the cash balance
- Tap “Cash Out” button at the bottom to have the balance deposited into your debit card or other payment method
Step 2 of 2: Use a Lyft or Uber Promo Code (New Users Only)
Use a Lyft or Uber promo code to maximize your rideshare discount as a new user.
Lyft code: GEM for $10 – $50 in ride credit for new users only. The value of promotion codes will vary based on your location.
Uber code: UBERAMEX for $30 in ride credit for new users only.
Checklist: Get $10+ in Cash Rewards
Complete the eight steps below to unlock the $10+ in Freebird credit.
Plus, you’ll earn rewards for each step.
Complete your checklist, use Freebird when requesting all of your ride shares, and watch your rewards pile up.
- Take your first rides to lock in the promo code savings (2,500 pts + up to $10 cash back)
- Add any cards you use to make purchases so that they can verify your purchases from cash offer locations (500 pts) 
- After you have earned a cash balance, add a debit card to transfer your cash rewards (500 pts)
- Take a ride home with the Don Julio promotion (500 points)
- Refer a friend to the app and you’ll get referral cash per person ($10 per person)
- You should have 4,000 points now and once you do 4 more rides you’ll get another 1,000 points ($10 cash, 5,000 points)
- Keep an eye out for Freebird emails because they regularly send special promotions for additional cash offers
3 Exclusive Freebird Promo Codes for 2020 List
Even if you have used the Uber or Lyft service before, then by all means, you are eligible to receive a Freebird promo code just for downloading the Freebird app and requesting your first ride.
Take a look at our comprehensive list of working coupon promo codes for the Freebird rides app.
$10 PROMO CODE: GEM
$5 cash back per ride for the first two rides for a total of $10
You can take advantage of both a new user promo code for Lyft and/or Uber as well as Freebird…
…but you need to play your cards right, so to speak.
You cannot stack discounts, first of all.
Freebird promotion codes are required to be used within your first 2 rides, but Uber/Lyft codes are for your first ride only.
So your best strategy?
Use up your new user promo code for Lyft or Uber first, then cash in on the Freebird code with your second ride.
Note: You cannot add Uber or Lyft promotion codes within the Freebird app. Go ahead and put those codes into the corresponding app directly, and it will automatically use the promotion before charging your card on file with Freebird when you take a ride. 
Freebird Referral Program Rewards
If you really want to take full advantage of all of the rewards strategies available to you, the Freebird referral program is a must.
As far as referral programs go, it’s a good one.
You can receive a $10 cash back bonus for every person you refer to the platform with your invite code!
The person you refer gets $10 as well ($5 cash back for each of their first 2 rides).
And the best part?
It’s totally unlimited!
You can refer as many people to use Freebird as you want.
With a service like this, you’re bound to be talking about it and telling people to use it, so be sure to give out your personal referral code for them to access this Freebird rides deal when they take an Uber or Lyft ride.
You simply need to provide the person whom you’re referring with your personal referral code, which is located in the Freebird app.
They enter this referral code in their app to signify that you were indeed the person doing the referring, and the cash rewards take care of themselves.
And what’s more…
You can combine this rewards program with the Uber rewards and Lyft rewards programs.
When you refer someone, tell them about all of it. They’ll save even more, and you’ll earn rewards no matter which way they decide to go.
Everyone will be happy.
These promo codes are not stackable for new Freebird Rides users, so you can only enter 1 of the above codes.
Freebird Promotions FAQ
What is the best Freebird promo code?
When you enter code: GEM you'll get $10 cash back ($5 per ride for the next 2 rides). See more about cashback rides here.
Does the Freebird code work for new or existing Lyft and Uber users?
Yes, if you are a new or existing user you may still take advantage of the Freebird promotion codes inside our guide.
Does the Freebird app work with a Uber or Lyft promo code?
Yes, you may add an Uber or Lyft promo code directly to the Uber or Lyft app and then request your ride through the Freebird rides app and double up on your discounts.
When will you get cashback from taking rides in the Freebird app?
Usually, you will see the points for each ride added to your account shortly after the ride is completed. However, on the rare occasion, it may take up to 24 hours. See how long transfers take for more details.
- Is there a minimum spend requirement at the restaurant? [Freebird Help Center]
- Do I need to order my Uber or Lyft through the Freebird rides app to get the cash back? [Freebird Help Center]
- How to add a linked debit/credit card or other payment method account. [Freebird Help Center]
- Using Uber or Lyft credits with Freebird. [Freebird Help Center]