Still paying full price for your rides? With Freebird full-priced fares is a thing of the past. Grab up to $30+ in cash back on Lyft and Uber rides below.
Freebird is one of the best up-and-coming apps for Uber and Lyft riders.
This app is catching the attention of many new and existing rideshare users.
Because it’s so simple to set up and use.
And… Why not? Right?!
Use the Freebird rides app to earn cash back for taking your usual Uber or Lyft rides.
Note: These codes do work for existing users as well!
- Install the Freebird rides app (Absolutely free!)
- Download & complete the app installation: GO HERE
- Log into your Uber or Lyft account(s) to connect them
- Add a promotion code to the Freebird app
- On the top left, go to ☰ menu then “Promo Codes” to enable the promotion
- Choose the best promo code for you from those listed further below
- Always request your rideshare rides through the Freebird app
$20 PROMO CODE:
$5 cash back per ride for the first four rides; total amount is $20
$24 PROMO CODE:
$4 cash back per ride for the first six rides; total amount is $24
$30 PROMO CODE:
$3 cash back per ride for the first ten rides; total amount is $30
HOW IT WORKS: You are required to make ride requests through the Freebird app in order to qualify for the cash back. Following each ride, you should see the cash back that was earned right in your Freebird account portal. Any of your cash back can be deposited onto your debit card quickly and easily. Continue to use the Freebird app after that first promo ride and Freebird will actually send you a $5 bonus promo code: ROLL10 after your 10th ride. These promotional codes are valid only for new users to the app that have not claimed Freebird promo codes in the past.
Get some of your hard-earned cash back every time you take a ride!
By entering the Freebird promo code you may lock in a discount on a few Lyft or Uber rides.
The best part?
Even after the initial discount, you’ll still get rewards and cash back on every single ride you take!
This isn’t credit or points you can spend on a gift card, this is REAL cash you get back on your card.
Users for Lyft & Uber: $30+ cash back for taking Uber or Lyft rides with the Freebird app.
Ready to get started?
NOTE: We will not waste your time here. We promise this works 100% and you’ll be so happy you found this guide.
How Does the Freebird App Work?
Freebird acts as your rideshare companion app.
Instead of requesting your rides in the Lyft or Uber app you’ll do so in the Freebird app.
Freebird will contact a driver for you and get a ride.
How Do Reward Points Work?
It’s really simple and easy to stack up points and cash out.
By requesting your ride in the Freebird app instead of Lyft and Uber app you’ll get cash-back rewards.
You can get reward points that convert into real cash each time you reach $10 or 5,000 points.
Points add up fast with various promotions that Freebird emails on a regular basis.
The entire premise behind Freebird is to save you money on every rideshare you take.
Offers at Local Businesses
Do you fancy going out for a happy hour at your local drinking hole?
Freebird has you covered!
With nearby cash-back offers you can visit a local business and get a cash-back reward.
How does that work?
All you need to do is take a ride to that location and pay for your bill with the card you have on file with Freebird.
They will then add your cash-back to your Freebird account.
From there you can transfer your cash to your debit card.
There is no required minimum for the amount you must spend. 
We (and Freebird) encourage generosity since the establishment is essentially paying for your ride, but it’s all up to you!
Sponsored Brand Deals
Freebird has special deals set up with specific brands to help you save even more!
Currently, Don Julio is sponsoring an extra 500 points when you take a ride home.
You can take a peek at these deals each time you open up the app.
How Does the Freebird Promo Code Work?
Freebird coupons work for existing Lyft and Uber users.
Once you enter a Freebird invite code and promo code you can maximize your discount.
Step 1 of 2: Use These Freebird Codes for Up to $30 Cash
We’ll walk you through how to set up the Freebird app and enter the codes below.
How to Set Up the Freebird App
- Download and install the Freebird app for Apple phones (App Store) or Android phones (Play Store) for Samsung, Google, LG, & Huawei, etc.
- Open the Freebird app to start the signup process
- Tap the “Enable Location” button (for local cash-back offers)
- Now, tap the “Let’s Ride with Lyft/Uber” button to link your Lyft/Uber account
- Next, login to your Lyft/Uber account
- Now tap the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Then tap “Promo Codes” from the menu
- Choose a promotion & enter the code
- $20 promo code: ROLL1 ($5 per ride for the next 4 rides, total: $20)
- $24 promo code: ROLL2 ($4 per ride for the next 6 rides, total: $24)
- $30 promo code: ROLL3 ($3 per ride for the next 10 rides, total: $30)
- IMPORTANT: Take your first ride by requesting a Lyft/Uber in the Freebird app within 14 days so the deal does not expire. Honestly, this step is the one that everyone messes up. Don’t wait around and end up forgetting. Take your ride right now and lock in that savings.
- Bonus Cash: At this point, you’ll have set up the app with up to $30 in cash back. For additional savings you’ll need to follow the “Checklist: Get $30+ in Cash Rewards” which is just a short scroll down this page.
A promo code only lasts for so long.
To keep getting discounts, take advantage of the referral programs at your disposal.
Share the love of the regular Lyft/Uber referral programs as well as Freebird’s.
Keep the cash back comin’!
How to Confirm the Freebird Promo Code Worked
Let’s confirm the promo is applied to your account with the steps below.
- Tap the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Select “Promo Codes” from the menu
- Now you may see the promotion is applied
How to Request a Lyft/Uber ride in the Freebird App
- Open the Freebird App
- Tap the search field at the top
- Enter your destination address/name
- Select the address/name of the destination from the list
- Select the “Request Lyft/Uber” button at the bottom and the Lyft/Uber app will open
- The Lyft/Uber app will ask you to confirm your pick up location
- Tap the “Confirm Pickup” button at the bottom
You must use the Freebird app to request rides to earn cash back. 
The cash back will note accrue if you use the Lyft or Uber app directly.
They make it easy & seamless.
How to Get Your Cash Back in Your Bank Account
After you take your first ride you should be able to see the cash back in your Freebird account.
NOTE: If you don’t see the cash back in your Freebird account right away you may need to wait up to 24 hours for it to show up.
- Tap the ☰ menu button in the top left
- Select “Balance and Transfers” from the menu
- Make sure you are on the “Cash” tab at the top
- Now you may see the cash balance
- Tap “Cash Out” button at the bottom to have the balance deposited into your debit card
Step 2 of 2: Use a Lyft or Uber Promo Code (New Users Only)
Use a Lyft or Uber promo code to maximize your rideshare discount.
Lyft code: GEM for $10 – $50 in ride credit for new users only. The amount will vary based on your location.
Uber code: UBERAMEX for $30 in ride credit for new users only.
Checklist: Get $30+ in Cash Rewards
Complete the eight steps below to unlock the $30+ in Freebird credit.
Plus, you’ll earn rewards for each step.
Complete your checklist, use Freebird when requesting all of your ride shares, and watch your rewards pile up.
- Take your first rides to lock in the promo code savings (2,500 pts + up to $30 cash back)
- Add any cards you use to make purchases so that they can verify your purchases from cash offer locations (500 pts) 
- After you have earned a cash balance, add a debit card to transfer your cash rewards (500 pts)
- Take a ride home with the Don Julio promotion (500 points)
- Refer a friend to the app and you’ll get referral cash per person ($10 per person)
- You should have 4,000 points now and once you do 4 more rides you’ll get another 1,000 points ($10 cash, 5,000 points)
- Keep an eye out for Freebird emails because they regularly send special promotions for additional cash offers
3 Exclusive Freebird Promo Codes for 2020 List
Even if you have used the Uber or Lyft service before, then by all means, you are eligible to receive a Freebird promo code just for downloading the Freebird app and requesting your first ride.
Take a look at our comprehensive list of working coupon promo codes for the Freebird rides app.
$20 PROMO CODE: ROLL1
$5 cash back per ride for the first four rides for a total of $20
$24 PROMO CODE: ROLL2
$4 cash back per ride for the first six rides for a total of $24
$30 PROMO CODE: ROLL3
$3 cash back per ride for the first ten rides for a total of $30
You can take advantage of both a new user promo code for Lyft and/or Uber as well as Freebird…
…but you need to play your cards right, so to speak.
You cannot stack discounts, first of all.
Freebird promotion codes are required to be used within your first 2 rides, but Uber/Lyft codes are for your first ride only.
So your best strategy?
Use up your new user promo code for Lyft or Uber first, then cash in on the Freebird code with your second ride.
Note: You cannot add Uber or Lyft promotion codes within the Freebird app. Go ahead and put those codes into the corresponding app directly, and it will automatically use the promotion before charging your card on file with Freebird. 
Freebird Referral Program Rewards
If you really want to take full advantage of all of the rewards strategies available to you, the Freebird referral program is a must.
As far as referral programs go, it’s a good one.
You can receive a $10 cash back bonus for every person you refer to the platform!
The person you refer gets $10 as well ($5 cash back for each of their first 2 rides).
And the best part?
It’s totally unlimited!
You can refer as many people as you want.
With a service like this, you’re bound to be talking about it and telling people to use it, so be sure to give out your personal referral code for them to access the deal.
$20/$24/$30 Sign-Up Bonus for Freebird Rides
When you download the free Freebird Rides app for iOS or Android, you can get up to a $30 cash back bonus as a new user of the service.
After you download the Freebird Rides app and link your Uber and/or Lyft account, simply visit the “Promo Codes” section under the Menu and enter 1 of the below promotional codes to earn either $20, $24, or $30 cash back in sign-up bonuses and free rides.
$5 Bonus on First 4 Rides (up to $20 total) – Code ROLL1
Enter Promo Code “ROLL1” in the “Promo Codes” section under the Menu to receive up to a $5 cash back bonus for each of your first 4 rides for a total bonus of up to $20.
$4 Bonus on First 6 Rides (up to $24 total) – Code ROLL2
Enter Promo Code “ROLL2” in the “Promo Codes” section under the Menu to get up to $4 back per ride on each of your first 6 rides for a total bonus of up to $24.
$5 Bonus on First 10 Rides (up to $30 total) – Code ROLL3
Enter Promo Code “ROLL3” in the “Promo Codes” section under the Menu to receive up to a $5 cash back per ride on each of your first 10 rides for a total of up to $30.
These promo codes are not stackable for new Freebird Rides users, so you can only enter 1 of the above codes.
Freebird Promotions FAQ
What is the best Freebird promo code?
When you enter code: ROLL1 you'll get $20 cash back ($5 per ride for the next 4 rides). See more about cashback rides here.
Does the Freebird code work for new or existing Lyft and Uber users?
Yes, if you are a new or existing user you may still take advantage of the Freebird promotion codes inside our guide.
Does the Freebird app work with a Uber or Lyft promo code?
Yes, you may add an Uber or Lyft promo code directly to the Uber or Lyft app and then request your ride through the Freebird rides app and double up on your discounts.
When will you get cashback from taking rides in the Freebird app?
Usually, you will see the points for each ride added to your account shortly after the ride is completed. However, on the rare occasion, it may take up to 24 hours. See how long transfers take for more details.
- Is there a minimum spend requirement at the restaurant? [Freebird Help Center]
- Do I need to order my Uber or Lyft through the Freebird app to get the cash back? [Freebird Help Center]
- How to add a linked cart or account. [Freebird Help Center]
- Using Uber or Lyft credits with Freebird. [Freebird Help Center]